Student Consumer Information Disclosures
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 requires that universities make available to current and prospective students important information concerning each institution’s academic programs, retention rates, graduation rates, crime reports, financial aid procedures and much more in an effort to ensure fairness and transparency for all higher education consumers. The University has developed this page to serve as the central portal for obtaining necessary information about our institution. It is our hope that this concerted effort between The University of Mississippi and the Department of Education to provide this data will allow all students to access the information they need to make the best college decision possible for them and their future.
For additional information about The University of Mississippi and a comparison to other higher education institutions, please see the College Navigator website maintained by the U.S. Department of Education. This site contains useful information concerning student activities and services across more than 7,000 institutions of higher learning in the United States, including the University of Mississippi.
General Institutional Information
- Information Concerning the Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Information about Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Requirements and Procedures for Official Withdrawal from the University
- Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Financial Aid
- Refund Policy for The University of Mississippi
- Textbook Information
Select the academic term and year you wish to view. You may then search for the desired course, and click on the "Books” Icon to see information (including the ISBN) for required course materials.
- The University of Mississippi Bookstore
- Academic Resources and Programs
- Current Degree Programs
- Academic Program Improvement Plans
- Academic Program Changes
- Instructional Facilities
The University’s Academic Catalog contains a directory of all faculty members listed by school or college. Select the desired school or college and then select Faculty on the left menu.
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Copyright Infringement—Policies and Sanctions
- Student Activities
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
Student Financial Assistance
- Information Regarding the Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violation
- Student Loan Information
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log (On-Campus Housing Facilities)
- Emergency Information
- Retention and Graduation Rates
- Graduation Rates by Gender, Ethnicity, Financial Aid Status
- Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid
- Job Placement Rates for Graduates
- Graduate and Professional Education Placement for Graduates
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)
The University of Mississippi encourages all students to participate in local, state, and national elections. As part of our responsibility to promote good citizenship, as well as good scholarship, the University urges all students to register to vote. Students who are not registered to vote are reminded that, to vote in the State of Mississippi, they must register at least 30 days prior to an election.
Read information on voting in other states.