APPLYING TO OLE MISS // Transfer Admission Requirements
General Information and Requirements
Students may be accepted for transfer from other regionally accredited colleges and universities if they have earned an associate's degree intended for transfer to a four-year school with a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA. In addition, students may be accepted from other regionally accredited colleges and universities if a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA has been maintained on all course work attempted with the exception of vocational/technical or other courses not acceptable for transfer. Every attempt on repeated courses is counted. Applicants must list all colleges attended on the application for admission. (Failure to provide information about prior college attendance is grounds for disciplinary action including immediate dismissal from the university.)
In addition the applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Has been admissible as a freshman. The applicant must submit official high school records (see Freshman Admission) as well as college transcripts to meet this requirement.
- Has successfully completed at least the following 30 semester hours of college work at a regionally accredited school with a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA:
- 6 hours of English Composition
- 3 hours of college algebra or quantitative reasoning or statistics (taken from a department of mathematics) or a more advanced mathematics course
- 6 hours of laboratory science
- 6 hours of social or behavioral science
- 9 hours of fine arts and humanities
Evaluation of Credits
University policy on the transfer of credit hours is described in the Academic Regulations chapter of the Undergraduate Catalog under Transfer Credit.
Transfer students are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 on courses taken at the university in order to graduate. See Degree Requirements in the Academic Regulations chapter of the Undergraduate Catalog for more information.