Osher Reentry Scholarship
The University of Mississippi has received a generous donation from the Bernard Osher Foundation to provide partial tuition scholarships for reentry students.
Eligibility for the Osher Reentry Scholarship:
Eligible applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years;
- Must be pursuing their first baccalaureate degree;
- Must show academic promise and commitment to obtaining their degree;
- Must attend the University of Mississippi Oxford, Booneville, DeSoto, Tupelo, or Grenada campuses;
- Must anticipate workforce participation for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation and must be between 25-50 years old;
- Must be a US citizen;
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Must be enrolled at least half-time; and
- Must not be enrolled exclusively in online courses.
Preference will be given to the following students:
- Returning Osher Scholars
- Newly matriculating students
- Mississippi residents
- Students with an overall 2.50 or higher GPA on all previous coursework
- Students who are classified as a junior or senior
Students with other fee-specific scholarships paying full tuition will not be eligible for this award. Although it is possible to have more than one tuition scholarship, the combination of credits from these scholarships cannot exceed the amount of the tuition charge.
Deadline to submit the Osher Reentry Scholarship Application and to have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid is July 1, 2015 with a priority date of June 1, 2015.
The scholarship is a commitment for the 2015-16 academic year only. However, if offered again in future years, Osher Reentry Scholars are invited to reapply.
To access the Osher Reentry Scholarship Application, you will need to be logged into myOleMiss with your WebID or know your admission application number and date of birth. If needed, you can call the Ole Miss Financial Services Help-Line at (800) 891-4596 to retrieve your admission application number.
Sign into myOleMiss to apply for the Osher Reentry Scholarship.
Login with your admissions application number to apply.