Department of Biology
The University of Mississippi
Office: 122 Shoemaker Hall
Telephone: (662) 915-1700
- FlyBase is a comprehensive database of the Drosophila genome.
- The Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center collects, maintains and distributes Drosophila melanogaster strains for research.
- The Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project is a consortium of the Drosophila Genome Center whose goals are to finish the sequence of the genome of Drosophila melanogaster and generate biological annotations of this sequence. In addition to genomic sequencing, the BDGP is 1) producing gene disruptions using P element-mediated mutagenesis on a scale unprecedented in metazoans; 2) characterizing the sequence and expression of cDNAs; and 3) developing informatics tools that support the experimental process, identify features of DNA sequence, and allow us to present up-to-date information about the annotated sequence to the research community.
- The Interactive Fly is a web-based guide to Drosophila genes and their roles in development.
- Trans-NIH Fly Initiative
- The Atlas of Drosophila developmment features several groups of color illustrations that follow the main events of embryogenesis and post-embryonic development of Drosophila.
- Drosophila Species Genomes. This service provides a preview of Drosophila genome data, with genome maps and BLAST sequence search, for these species. It includes prepublication, as well as published, Drosophila genomes from collaborating NGHRI-funded Genome Sequencing Centers .
- FlyView is an image database on Drosophila development and genetics, especially on expression patterns of genes (enhancer trap lines, cloned genes).