Xin Dang, Ph.D.
Teaching - Fall 2011
Office Hours: MW 8:00-10:00 am.
Math 575: Introduction to Mathematical Statistics; Class time: MWF 12:00-12:50 pm; Location: Hume Hall 201.
Math 675: Statistical Methods (I) with SAS; Class time: MWF 11:00-11:50 am; Location: Hume Hall 331.
especially Nonparamtric and Robust Multivariate Analysis
Data Mining, Outlier Identification and Cluster Analysis
Applications of Depth Functions
Correlated Data Analysis
Publication List in MathSciNet
- Nonparametric Depth-based Multivariate Outlier Identifiers, and Masking Robustness Properties. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 140, 198-213, 2010. (with R. Serfling).
- Projection Based Scatter Depth Functions and Associated Scatter Estimators. Journal of Multivariate Analysis 101(1), 138-153, 2010. (with W. Zhou).
- Graph Ranking for Exploratory Gene Data Analysis. BMC Bioinformatics 10 (Suppl 11): S19, 2009. (with C. Gao, Y. Chen and D. Wilkins).
- A Unified Approach for Analyzing Exchangeable Binary Data with Applications to Developmental Toxicity Studies. Statistics in Medicine 28, 2580-2604, 2009. (with H. Peng and S. Keeton).
- Influence Functions of Some Depth Functions, with Application to L-Statistics. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics 21(01), 49-66, 2009. (with R. Serfling, W. Zhou).
- Outlier Detection with the Kernelized Spatial Depth Function. IEEE
Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 31(2),
288-305, 2009. (with Y. Chen, H. Peng and H. Bart)..
Ping-pong, Traveling, Camping, Photography