Micah B. Milinovich, Ph.D.
Teaching - Fall 2013
Office Hours: Tue & Thu 2:00pm - 3:00pm.
Math 261: Unified Calculus and Analytic Geometry I. Tue & Thu 9:30am - 10:45am in Hume 201.
Math 655: Theory of Functions of Complex Variables I. Tue & Thu 11:00am - 12:15pm in Hume 331.
Analytic Number Theory, especially the theory of the Riemann zeta-function,
L-functions, and multiplicative number theory.
Publication List in MathSciNet
Selected Honors & Awards
- AMS-Simons Travel Grant (2011-2013).
- NSA Young Investigators Grant (2013-2015).
- MRC collaboration grant, AMS / NSF (2012-2013).
- Upper bounds for moments of ζ'(ρ), Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 42 (2010), no. 1, pp. 28--44.
- A note on the gaps between consecutive zeros of the Riemann zeta-function (with Hung M. Bui and Nathan Ng), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010), no. 12, pp. 4167--4175.
- Central values of derivatives of Dirichlet L-functions (with Hung M. Bui), International Journal of Number Theory 7 (2011), no. 2, pp. 371--388.
- Moments of the Riemann zeta-function at its relative extrema on the critical line, Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 43 (2011), no. 6, pp. 1119--1129.
- A note on a conjecture of Gonek (with Nathan Ng), Functiones et Approximatio, Commentarii Mathematici, 46 (2012), no. 2, pp. 177--187.
- A note on simple a-points of L-functions, (with Steven M. Gonek and Stephen J. Lester), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 140 (2012), no. 12, pp. 4097--4103.
- Bounding S(t) and S_1(t) on the Riemann hypothesis, (with Emanuel Carneiro and Vorrapan Chandee), Mathematische Annalen, accepted for publication.
- A hybrid Euler-Hadamard product and moments of ζ'(ρ), (with Hung M. Bui and Steven M. Gonek), Forum Mathematicum, accepted for publication.
- Lower bounds for moments of ζ'(ρ), (with Nathan Ng), International
Mathematics Research Notices (IMRN), accepted for publication.
Institute of Mathematics, Mathematics
arXiv , Number Theory Web,
Number Theory Conferences,
MathSciNet, MacTutor History of Mathematics, Mathematics Genealogy Project,
Clay Mathematics Institute Millennium Problems
Hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities. Green Bay Packer and Wisconsin Badger football.