Energy Efficiency Internship
The Alliance to Save Energy’s Power Save Campus program educates the campus community on energy efficiency, achieves energy savings, and encourages the next generation of energy efficiency professionals by hiring student interns.
The selected candidate will complete a team of four (4) student interns within the Power Save Campus program at The University of Mississippi, and will support the implementation of all team projects while also developing his/her own specific objectives through ongoing consultation with program staff and University of Mississippi stakeholders (including faculty, staff and administrators).
Interns work approximately 8-10 hours per week at $10 per hour and are expected to coordinate campus- based energy efficiency and workforce development projects, attend weekly meetings and participate in team administration.
- Be currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be an organized self starter, and have excellent time management skills
- Be comfortable with the basic functions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Have leadership and teamwork experience
- Experience or interest in energy efficiency concepts
- Specialized skills such as:
- Engineering or technical knowledge
- Graphic design, newsletter design, web design, or editing skills
- Data analysis
- Teaching experience
- Strong communication: writing and public speaking
- Managing budgets
- Familiarity / previous working relationship with various student groups and organizations
- Familiarity / previous working relationship with campus staff and administrators
Currently all the positions are filled. Please visit the page next semester for news on openings.