Student Internship Opportunity:
Transportation Programs Outreach Coordinator
The Office of Sustainability and the Office of Parking and Transportation seeks to hire a student to serve as the Transportation Programs Outreach Coordinator. The position is responsible for creating and implementing outreach efforts to promote the various forms of transportation available to students, faculty, and staff at Ole Miss, including biking, Zipcar, Zimride, and the OUT bus.
The successful candidate should:
- Have an enthusiasm for non-Single Occupant Vehicle modes of transportation
- Work well independently with little supervision
- Have a working knowledge of all the transportation programs and a desire to become an expert in all
- A positive attitude and hard working ethic.
This position pays $10 per hours with an expectation of working 10 hours per week. The position will begin this semester and will continue in the Spring 2013 semester.
More information about transportation programs at Ole Miss can be found at: http:// www.olemiss.edu/green/transportation.html
To apply, interested students should send the following to the Office of Sustainability:
- Cover Letter
- Sample outreach plan to promote at least 1 current transportation program. This plan can be something similar to another university, as long as credit is noted. The plan need not be extensive, just an overview of an idea
Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 12, 2012.