Who are The University Dames?
- Founded November 3, 1927, the University Dames is a social and charitable group.
- Membership is open to all women who are faculty or staff, or whose partners are faculty or staff of The University of Mississippi.
- Annual dues are currently $25.
What is our purpose?
- We welcome new members of the University community to Oxford.
- We encourage more active connections among women affiliated with the University Community.
What do we do?
- From our dues and special contributions, we fund a book scholarship for one of the University Scholars attending the University of Mississippi.
- As a social organization, the entire organization meets four times during the academic year [Events].
- In addition, small interest groups meet more frequently [Groups].
"Joining the Dames is a great way to network on campus, meet new friends, have fun, and learn more about Oxford and the University." — A Recent New Member