THE ORIENTATION LEADERS
BECOME AN ORIENTATION LEADER
Are you ready to leave your mark at The University of Mississippi? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Rebels to the university you love? If you're ready to learn, lead, be challenged, grow and serve, become an orientation leader!
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Have a minimum 2.75 (not rounded, overall) grade-point average (circumstances such as disability, which might have impacted GPA, will be considered on an individual basis). If freshmen, they must have a 3.0/4.0 cumulative high-school GPA.
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with the university during application and throughout their tenure. A student may not hold the orientation leader position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Remain a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the spring and fall semesters for the year they are selected.
- Not take courses during summer intersession or first summer session during the year they are selected (courses may be taken during second summer session). Orientation leaders also cannot hold an outside job during summer intersession or first summer session the year they are selected.
- Successfully complete a noncredit training class held on Thursday from 2:30-5 p.m. during the spring semester for the year they are selected, meet other training obligations and attend all orientation programs (specific dates/times given to applicants at an information session)
- Live with another orientation leader in the designated orientation residence hall during summer orientation dates (May-June) for the year they are selected (the Office of Enrollment Services will cover the cost of this housing).
- Applications available online starting October 5th, 2012
- Applicants must attend one mandatory information session (one-hour long) to be held:
Tuesday October 23th, 2012 – Bishop 209
Thursday October 25th, 2012 – Farley 202
Thursday November 1st, 2012 – Bishop 209
- All application materials (recommendation forms and unofficial transcript/fall schedule) are due to the Office of Enrollment Services NO LATER than Friday, November 2nd, 2012 at noon, but also may be turned in early, including at any information session.
- Applicants attend one mandatory group interview (two-hours long): Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 and and Wednesday, November 7th, 2012. Group interview sign-up and locations will be available at the information sessions.
- Individual interviews (by invitation only) will take place on Monday, November 12th, 2012 and Tuesday, November 13th, 2012.
- Orientation Leaders will be announced on Thursday, November 15th, 2012.