FRESHMEN AND FAMILY MEMBERS
FEES & HOUSING
Student - The $115 orientation fee covers all expenses for the program, including most meals and one night's housing in one of our residence halls. It is recommended for all students attending summer orientation to stay overnight in the selected residence hall.
Living arrangements feature:
- Air-conditioned suites – two double beds with one bath (All rooms are double occupancy).
- Linens include - pillow, pillowcase, and single bed sheets (Bring a light blanket, and a towel).
- Note that these are basic residence hall rooms – undecorated and without television in the room.
Early Arrival. It may be necessary for you to arrive the night before your session begins because of travel distance and the program's early morning start. Cost per student for early arrival accommodations is $35.00 per night. You can select the early arrival option when registering for orientation online or you can pay upon your arrival.
Family Members - A parent/adult guest orientation fee of $75 per person includes the two-day program, lunch on the first day, dinner, and reception on the first evening, and breakfast on the second day. Overnight accommodations and other meals ARE NOT included in this fee. Parents can stay in the designated residence hall for a fee of $35.00 per person, per night. Parent overnight accommodations can be reserved and paid through the online registration system. Overnight accommodations can also be arranged upon arrival based on availability. Any siblings under the age of 12 get to attend for free but must stay the $35 fee if they are staying in housing. Siblings age 12 to 17 have a fee of $35 plus the additional $35 if they are staying in housing.
Note: Pack separately; parent rooms might be in a different section of the residence hall.
Checkout. The program will end by 1 p.m. on the second day of each session. Because of space limitations and overlapping sessions, students and parents will be asked to check out of their residence hall rooms between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m. on the second day of their orientation session.
- Making changes to registration: If your plans change after you have registered for an Orientation session, please log back into the registration system to change to another session. You will be charged a $15 processing fee for any changes made to your registration within 7 days of your session.
- Adding additional parents/guests: Log back into the registration system to add a parent to your session. You will be charged a $15 processing fee for any additions to your registration if made within 7 days of your session.
- Missing your session: Students and family members who do not show up for their reserved orientation session will be assessed a $15.00 late/processing fee when rebooking them into a different session.
- Refunds: All orientation fees (both students and family members) are nonrefundable. Deciding not to attend The University of Mississippi or having your admission rescinded due to poor academic performance does not qualify you to receive a refund of orientation fees. If you decide not to attend Ole Miss, it is the student's responsibility to notify the Office of Admissions.
Additional T-shirts: $10 each
All incoming students registered for orientation receive a T-shirt. Additional T-shirts may be purchased at orientation check-in and check-out for $10 each. All sizes are available.
***Fees can be paid online using Visa, MasterCard or an electronic bank draft. At this time we are not able to take checks in the mail, cash, or bill the fees to the student's bursar account. ALL STUDENT AND PARENT FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!