The Provost Scholars Program recognizes and rewards talented, incoming Ole Miss students for their academic performance.
Benefits of the Provost Scholars Program
- Provost Scholars move to campus one day earlier than other students and participate in a Provost Scholars Seminar prior to the beginning of classes. This benefit facilitates a smooth transition to the college environment and sets the tone for the student's college career.
- Provost Scholars receive priority registration before most of the other students on campus. This benefit (which begins in the fall for spring courses) will help to ensure that Provost Scholars are able to enroll in the courses that they need to complete their degree in a timely fashion. Enrollment in fall courses takes place at orientation. Provost Scholars should attend any orientation session that has available seats.
- Provost Scholars attend meet-and-greet sessions with other Provost Scholars, deans, faculty, and the Provost. Past events have included an Ice Cream Social, Museum Mingle, and participation in the Cultural Passport Program.
- Provost Scholars attend private Provost Scholar Seminars/workshops (e.g., public speaking, writing for exams)
- Provost Scholars can enroll in restricted Provost Scholar course sections. In the past, we have offered, a Provost Scholar section of psychology and a section of our popular Freshman Year Experience course (EDHE 105). Enrollment in these sections is not required, and depending on the interest, we hope to expand the offerings of Provost Scholar course sections.
- Provost Scholars are eligible to apply to the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College in their junior year, as long as they have a 3.5 GPA at that time.
Provost Scholars must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain in the program. This is assessed each year at the conclusion of the August intersession.
Accepting an invitation to become a Provost Scholar
To accept or decline an invitation, log into myOleMiss and follow these steps:
- STEP 1: Go to “Student” tab
- STEP 2: Select “Academics” from toolbar
- STEP 3: Select “Provost Scholars Program” from Detailed Navigation
- STEP 4: Accept the invitation to be in the program.
Provost Scholar Program Student Profile
Number of Provost Scholars: 394
Average HS GPA: 3.70
Average ACT Score: 28.2
For additional information
If you have questions, a Provost Scholars FAQ is available. Other questions about the process or program may be emailed to email@example.com.