Last updated 01:11 PM, July 21, 2020
As students strive to keep learning during an evolving COVID-19 emergency, this site provides advice, resources, and points of contact. Please use the Help Center Tool in the right column to reach out to student service offices. A safe and successful Fall 2020 will require the work of the entire University of Mississippi community.
The following video was released on July 17 to communicate details of how the university will resume daily operations and return to instruction on campus for the Fall 2020 semester. If you don't have time to watch the full 37 minutes, you may find it helpful to start the video and then click the settings icon and choose a faster speed. If you would like to read the transcript instead, open the video in YouTube and then select the "three dots" icon (next to "Save") and choose "Open Transcript."
As part of ongoing planning for the upcoming 2020 semester, the university has issued a modified fall 2020 academic calendar as part of our efforts to protect the health and safety of the campus community. The modified calendar reflects the university’s efforts to mitigate the potential impact of COVID-19 during the late fall months.
- Classes will begin as currently scheduled on Monday, Aug. 24.
- The last day of classes will be on Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- Final exams will be administered on Nov. 18–20 and Nov. 23–24.
Read the complete Campus Plan for Fall 2020.
Take a few moments right now to update your student contact information. Since so much of the next semester will be online, it is vitally important that we have your cell number.
The tools and resources offered here can be broken down into these three categories:
1. Get Started
Helpful information to get up to speed, especially if you are new to online learning.
2. Remote Learning
Academic resources and tools to assist you in your work.
3. Get Support
Reach out when you need it. We are here to help you succeed!
Strategies for success in learning remotely
- If you can, set up a dedicated work/study area.
- Schedule regular times to complete your schoolwork.
- Check your email and the communication channel your instructors set up with you at least once a day.
- Have a question? Ask, don’t guess! Contact your instructor using the communication channel they established.
- Use a calendar to keep track of deadlines. Stay on schedule.
- Stay engaged with your classmates. You can still do tutoring sessions, study groups, and group work in an online environment.
Remember, you are not alone!