Last updated 11:35 AM, May 05, 2020
Because we are already getting a lot of questions concerning the Z and P Grading options, go to the "How Do I Change My Grades?" section of that document.
This spring has been challenging for the University of Mississippi community. To learn more about your experiences and what the university can do to further help you, students are invited to participate in a short survey (taking approximately 10 minutes to complete). We would appreciate hearing from you.
Learn about eligility and apply for CARES Act funds
UM students, this is a difficult time for our nation, and for people across the world. We understand there have already been many disruptions to your life, and that completing your semester remotely is going to be a challenge. On these pages, we are putting together resources to help you.
1. Get Started
Helpful information to get up to speed, especially if you are new to online learning.
2. Remote Learning
Academic resources and tools to assist you in your work.
3. Get Support
Reach out when you need it. We are here to help you succeed!
Strategies for success in learning remotely
- If you can, set up a dedicated work/study area.
- Schedule regular times to complete your schoolwork.
- Check your email and the communication channel your instructors set up with you at least once a day.
- Have a question? Ask, don’t guess! Contact your instructor using the communication channel they established.
- Use a calendar to keep track of deadlines. Stay on schedule.
- Stay engaged with your classmates. You can still do tutoring sessions, study groups, and group work in an online environment.
Remember, you are not alone!
COVID-19 Emergency Z and P Grading Options
Because the COVID-19 outbreak has forced all of our Spring classes to move online—something none of us expected at the beginning of the semester—the university has introduced new grading options for students who are concerned about how this will impact their GPAs. When you go to view your grades after exam week, you will have the option of choosing a P or a Z grade instead of what was assigned. For more information, read the COVID-19 Emergency Z and P Grading Options policy.