- Applications are reviewed and approved by committee. The review committee
is established by the Provost's office.
- Totals based on specific configurations will be generated from committee
- TACIT is designed to facilitate one major shipment/order per platform
(PC and MAC). However, this may not be feasible due to late applications
and other extenuating circumstances. To address this, we are coordinating
with the Provost office to hold all late requests until a nominally
sized (10-15) order of systems is reached.
- Purchase Requisitions issued to Purchasing Department from the Provost
Office (Ginger Harrell). There will most likely be several Requisitions
submitted including :
- Dell (Desktop and Laptop Configurations)
- Apple (Desktop and Laptop Configurations)
- Presently an unknown vendor for Printers
- Unknown vendor for miscellaneous peripherals and docking accessories
- The Purchasing Department will issue a Purchase Order to indicated
vendors for equipment.
- The Department of Information Technology will receive and have on
hand a copy of all Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders associated
with the TACIT 2013 program. A TACIT representative will accommodate
- Shipments will be made to Physical Plant/Central
Receiving where all computers will receive a UM property tag. Receiving will then deliver the computers to a TACIT representative in Weir Hall.
- TACIT representatives will need to have on hand all pertinent
information (Name of Recipient, Room Number, Building, Contact Telephone
Number, and Department of Recipient) to make the process flow easily.
We should have a serial number already associated with the recipient.
- There will be several TACIT 2013 training sessions for the faculty
who are receiving the equipment. Once the sessions are over, the delivery
process will take place. The proposed solution is to deliver all
equipment at one time or during a specific (short) period of time to
the appropriate locations and to have the recipient or a representative
of the recipient sign for equipment. A copy of all signed forms will
be forwarded to Property Control. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the equipment will be placed
on the TACIT award receiving department's inventory at this time. In the event the recipient or a representative
of the recipient is not available at attempted time of delivery, it
will be the responsibility of the recipient to schedule a time when
he/she can come to Weir Hall to pick up his equipment. The TACIT
team will only attempt a delivery once due to the high volume of equipment
to be distributed. The contact for such a request must be made through
the IT Helpdesk. The IT Helpdesk can be reached at (662) 915-5222.
- After the delivery of equipment takes place, a call will be logged
into the iSupport Call Tracking System to have each system configured,
software installed, and data transferred as needed by recipient on an
- If any equipment returns are necessary due to hardware failure, IT
will contact the vender to receive an RMA. IT will coordinate with Central
Receiving to complete the return with memos forwarded to Jim Windham.
Return to TACIT Home Page
TACIT question? E-mail us at email@example.com