You will be asked to include specific information about your current computer on the TACIT application form. To determine the processor type, speed, and amount of RAM in your current computer, instructions are listed below.
Instructions for Mac Users
- Click on the Blue Apple Menu, at the upper left of the screen.
- Select "About this Mac..." as shown.
- Note the Processor Speed and type, and Memory amount and type.
- Close the window, you're done!
Please NOTE: If your 'About this Mac' box doesn't resemble the ones pictured here, you are most likely still running Mac OS9 and should be eligible for a new computer.
Instructions for PC Users
- From the Start menu, Right-Click 'My Computer'
- Select 'Properties' from the Pop-up menu, as shown.
- Note the Processor Type and Speed (indicated by the first two arrows
in image below), and the amount of RAM (indicated by the third arrow
in the image below).
- Close the Window, you're done!
Please NOTE: The above instructions are specifically intended for Windows 7. They should work correctly with earlier versions of Windows, but, if your machine is running anything prior to Windows 7, it is very likely eligible for replacement!