• 2FA
  • Account Issues
  • Attendance Scanners
  • Blackboard
  • Box
  • Degree Audit
  • Email Issues
  • Google Groups
  • Hardware
  • myOleMiss
  • myOleMiss Navigation
  • Networking
  • Password Reset/Unlock
  • Pharos Printing
  • SAP
  • Software
  • Telecommunications
  • Frequently Asked Questions : Telecommunications

    How do I activate my telephone line?

    Email telcom@olemiss.edu; include name, student ID number, contact phone number, and room location. You may also call 662-915-5922. A phone will not be provided with an activated phone line.

    How do I get my telephone number?

    Dial 8888 from the phone and a recording will tell you the number from which you are calling.

    How do I dial off campus?

    Always dial 9 and then the number to make calls off campus. You do not need to dial the area code when calliing local (Oxford) numbers.

    How do I call long distance?


    Email telcom@olemiss.edu to request a long distance access code; include name, student ID number, contact phone number, and room location. Your long distance calls will be billed to your Bursar account.


    Visit olemiss.edu/depts/telecommunications Request Services to apply for a department or personal long distance code.

    What kind of TV should I bring to campus?

    The University does not recommend a specific size or brand of TV for the campus cable systems. However, there are certain specifications your TV should meet: tcoffice.olemiss.edu/cableTV/conn-progHDTV.htm

    What do I do if I am not receiving cable channels?

    First check the University TV specifications. If your television has the required QAM tuner, follow these instructions on how to program your TV, tcoffice.olemiss.edu/cableTV/conn-progHDTV.htm

    What channels are offered in my residence hall?

    The Entertainment Basic package is active in all residential housing. To view the full channel line-up, visit tcoffice.olemiss.edu/cableTV/channels2015-2016.htm

    How do I sign up for extra cable TV channels?

    Visit olemiss.edu/depts/telecommunications/television.html to sign up for the Entertainment Plus package.

    Do I need to cancel my cable package at the end of each semester?

    No, services are automatically turned off at the end of each semester.

    If I withdraw from Ole Miss, do I need to cancel my cable?

    Yes, if you signed up for the Entertainment Plus package. To cancel your service, visit olemiss.edu/depts/telecommunications. Cable TV service will be charged if the service is not canceled.

    My phone line/internet is not working. What do I do? (Employee Only)

    Submit a SAP notification for all phone line/internet installations or issues. If you do not have SAP access, visit olemiss.edu/depts/telecommunications

    How do I request voicemail for my phone line? (Employee Only)

    Visit olemiss.edu/depts/telecommunications and click on Request Services.

    For information on voicemail features, visit


    I forgot my voicemail password or my password won't work. What do I do? (Employee Only)

    Call Telecommunications at ext. 5922 to reset your voicemail password.