Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Return to Normal Parking Policy - August 13th
The Department of Parking & Transportation resumed normal parking enforcement on Monday August 13th. Normal operations will be in effect, weekdays, Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m:
- All vehicles brought on campus require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- All vehicles must be parked in a zone designated by their permit classification.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with current Park-N-Ride permits must park in the Park-N-Ride lots as bus service has resumed.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits may not park in Residential zones but may park in Commuter zones.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus loop shuttles will continue to operate on a normal schedule.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater and bookstore customers only.
All posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces and posted timed spaces.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
2019 Permit Sales
Permit sales for the 2019 academic calendar year continues but many classifications are sold-out and are no longer available. If a permit classification that you are eligible for is sold out, you must first purchase a permit of the currently available classification before requesting to be put on a waiting list. Contact DPT by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the wait list availability. As the semester continues, some circumstances arise that may make available additional permits in one or more of the sold-out classifications. DPT uses these wait-lists to distribute the available permits on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- July 9th - Faculty/Staff (Online)
- July 16th - Residential East * (Sold Out on 7/17 ~12:00 PM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 17th - Residential Central * (Sold Out on 7/18 ~1:00 AM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 18th - Residential West * (Sold Out on 7/18 ~2:40 PM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 19th - Residential South * (Online)
- July 19th - Campus Walk * (Online)
- July 23rd - Commuter * (Sold Out on 8/21 ~8:00 AM - Park-N-Ride now the only available option for this zone)
* Permits may be limited. When sold-out, Park-N-Ride or other options will still be available. Classification is determined by residential housing assignments and hours completed data provided by other departments. If either is incorrect, in order to change permit availability, DPT must have written statements from Housing for residential zone/hall classification and/or the Registrar's office for hours completed information.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2018-2019 Academic Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation office in Lester Hall or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at the office in Lester Hall. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or email@example.com.