Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Save-the-Date! 2019 Permit Sales
Starting with Faculty/Staff, parking permit sales for the 2019 academic calendar year has begun. Sale of other permit classifications types will be staggered through the month with the next being Residential East beginning sale on Monday, July 16th. For more information and the full listing of classifications and dates, download the Save-the-Date Postcard.
Permits sales for each classification start at 8:00 AM (CDT) on the dates listed below:
- July 9th - Faculty/Staff (Online)
- July 16th - Residential East * (Sold Out on 7/17 ~12:00 PM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 17th - Residential Central * (Sold Out on 7/18 ~1:00 AM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 18th - Residential West * (Sold Out on 7/18 ~2:40 PM - Res. Garage now the only available option for this zone)
- July 19th - Residential South *
- July 19th - Campus Walk *
- July 23rd - Commuter Seniors/Graduate Students (90+ Hours Completed) *
- July 24th - Commuter Juniors (60-89 Hours Completed) *
- July 25th - Commuter Sophomore (30-59 Hours Completed) *
- July 26th - Commuter Freshman (0-29 Hours Completed) *
* Permits may be limited. When sold-out, Park-N-Ride or other options will still be available. Classification is determined by residential housing assignments and hours completed data provided by other departments. If either is incorrect, in order to change permit availability, DPT must have written statements from Housing for residential zone/hall classification and/or the Registrar's office for hours completed information.
Summer Parking Policy – In Effect Through August 10th, 2018
The Department of Parking & Transportation started Summer Parking enforcement policies on Monday May 14th at 7:30 AM. DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays:
- All vehicles brought on campus still require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- Any student parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area.
- Residential East, Central, West and South, and Commuter Zones.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with current Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated area but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions, South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center, Insight Park, and Facilities Management Lot.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
- Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus loop shuttles will continue to operate on a normal schedule except on the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater and bookstore customers only.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between May 14th and August 10th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2018-2019 Academic Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation office in Lester Hall or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at the office in Lester Hall. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or email@example.com.