What computer repair services are available to students?
Student equipment repair is limited to virus/spyware removal and network configuration. For assistance contact the IT Helpdesk 662-915-5222 or email@example.com.
How do I locate the physical address (i.e., MAC address) for my device?
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a number that identifies the network adapter(s) installed on your computer. The address is composed of up to 6 pairs of characters, separated by colons. To find your MAC address on any system with a network connection, use one of the following methods.
1. Hit your Windows Key and then press R. In the box, type cmd.exe.
2. Type ipconfig /all and hit ENTER.
3. Your MAC Address will be listed next to Physical Address under the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection or Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi depending on if your are connecting with an ethernet cable or wirelessly.
1. Click on the Apple logo on the top left of your computer screen. Select System Preferences... from the drop down menu.
2. Select Network and choose your type of connection (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, AirPort or Built-in Ethernet), depending on how you access your network. The connections are listed in the left frame.
3. Click Advanced and navigate to the Hardware tab. At the top you will see the MAC address.
*For AirPort, click Advanced and navigate to the AirPort tab. There you will see the AirPort ID, which is your MAC address.
1. Open your Settings. You can find the Settings app on your Home Screen. Tap the General category.
2. Tap About. This will list information about your specific device. Scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Address. This is the MAC address for your iDevice.
1. Open your Settings. When looking at the Home screen, push your Menu button and select Settings. You can also open Settings by tapping the app in the App Drawer.
2. Scroll down to About Device. This is typically located at the bottom of the Settings menu. In the About Device menu, tap Status.
3. Find your MAC address. Scroll down until you find the Wi-Fi MAC address entry. This is your device's MAC address.
Video Game Consoles
1. Find the MAC address of a PlayStation 4. In the PlayStation's main menu system, scroll left until you reach the Settings menu. Scroll down and select System. Scroll down and select System Information. The MAC address will be listed beneath the IP address.
2. Find the MAC address of an Xbox One. Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select Settings. Open Network, then select Advanced Settings. The MAC address will be listed in this screen. It may not be separated by colons.
3. Find the MAC address of a Nintendo Switch. Select System Settings from the Home menu. Scroll down through the menu and select Internet. The MAC address will be listed under System MAC Address.