The Office of Information Technology (IT) offers IT Web server accounts, called sunset accounts, as a website hosting solution.
IT Web Server Accounts
IT maintains the main campus Web servers which host websites for most UM departments and organizations. Website creation on IT Web servers requires knowledge of HTML or commonly used Web development software (e.g., Adobe Dreamweaver). If you need an IT Web server account, request access by following these steps:
1. Visit www.olemiss.edu/accessrequest and login.
2. From the "Select Type of Account" menu, select "Web Development" for departmental/organizational Web page development or select "Personal Web Page" to request a sunset account.
NOTE: All official websites must comply with the Policy for Official Web pages and the IT Appropriate Use Policy.
Below are some helpful links to get you started on website development.
1. The UM Web Project - Very Helpful!
2. W3 Schools - Free Web Building Tutorials
3. WebAIM - Accessibility Resources
4. UM Webmaster
An email based discussion list, umweb-l, is available for anyone interested in discussing topics related to UM Web or Web publishing. To subscribe, please send an email message to: email@example.com. A subject or message body is not necessary.