Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Save-The-Date!! New 2020-2021 Permit Sales Start in July 2020!
Planning and preparations for the Fall/Spring semesters of the 2020-2021 academic year are progressing. As with previous years, parking permits will be sold online in a staggered process based on a customer’s classification. Permit sales begin in July 2020! Click HERE for a printable copy of all the important dates.
Please keep in mind that due to COVID-19 measures, all current plans for 2020-2021 vehicle registration are tentative and subject to change.
UPDATE: Parking and O.U.T. Operations Effective July 1st, 2020
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Wednesday, July 1st at 7:30 a.m. DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays
- Parking meter operation returns to normal on Wednesday, July 1st at 7:30 a.m. Vehicles parked in a metered space must pay to park by using the Passport Phone App or by paying at the meter-head or payment kiosk.
- Any student parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area. Residential Garage, East, Central, West and South, Commuter Zones & Campus Walk.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated areas but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the Pavilion Garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions: may park in South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center (Park-N-Ride area), Insight Park, Facilities Management Lot, South Campus Recreation Center, and South Oxford Center.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center, but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater customers only.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces, and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between July 1st and August 17th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
O.U.T. buses will continue to operate on a reduced schedule/service level. Please contact our office with any questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com or by leaving a message 662-915-7235. Go to www.outransit.com for detailed information regarding bus routes and schedules.
Purple Line: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday-Saturday
Blue East/West Lines: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday-Saturday
Red North/South Lines: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday-Saturday
Grey Line: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday-Friday
Orange Line: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday-Saturday
The South Oxford Center (SOC) Connector Shuttle will discontinue operation until further notice.
Other Information - University COVID-19 Response Website
We Have MOVED! NEW Office and Service Locations!
Parking and Transportation has moved from Lester Hall to new offices at the South Campus Recreational Center located at the old Whirlpool location (on the south side of Hwy 6/278 off Chucky Mullins Drive). <Click Here> for a Map showing where to go! The new physical address is 980 Whirlpool Drive Suite A.
Also, starting this fall DPT will operate a DPT Satellite Office in the Student Union in the Transportation Lobby to disseminate information. The Transportation Lobby is on the ground floor on the north side of the building facing the residence halls and is adjacent to the bus stop beside the Union.
DPT has also opened a satellite office in the Administrative Suite in the South Oxford Center for parking permits and information.
Got a New License Plate? Need to Update Your Records!
All permit holders are responsible for keeping their vehicle information up-to-date. Click on the LICENSE PLATE UPDATE button (upper right of the DPT home page) to update your license plate information for an existing vehicle. <Click Here> to view the step-by-step process. If you have a new vehicle and you need to remove an old one from your account, you will need to come to the Parking & Transportation office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help you avoid receiving a citation in the future.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2020 Calendar Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation main office now located in in Suite A of the South Campus Recreation Center or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at DPT's main office. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or email@example.com.