Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
We Have MOVED! NEW Office and Service Locations!
Parking and Transportation has moved from Lester Hall to new offices at the South Campus Recreational Facility located at the old Whirlpool location (on the south side of Hwy 6/278 off Chucky Mullins Drive). <Click Here> for a Map showing where to go! The new physical address is 980 Whirlpool Drive Suite A.
Also, starting this fall DPT will operate a DPT Satellite Office in the Student Union in the Transportation Lobby to disseminate information. The Transportation Lobby is on the ground floor on the north side of the building facing the residence halls and is adjacent to the bus stop beside the Union.
DPT has also opened a satellite office in the Administrative Suite in the South Oxford Center for parking permits and information.
Parking Permit Sales for 2020!
Parking Permit sales for the 2020 academic calendar year have started with all classifications now authorized to purchase a permit. Some permit types West Residential and Central Residential) have already sold out. All classifications will have at least one available permit option if they are eligible for one of the sold out permit types. Please note that the new South Oxford Center permit type is available to many students and staff, but purchasers should be aware that it is only valid to park at the new facility located on South Lamar Blvd. The SOC permit will not be valid on the main campus even during the summer months.
NOTICE! - Got a New License Plate? Need to Update Your Records!
All permit holders are responsible for keeping their vehicle information up-to-date. Click on the LICENSE PLATE UPDATE button (upper right of the DPT home page) to update your license plate information for an existing vehicle. <Click Here> to view the step-by-step process. If you have a new vehicle and you need to remove an old one from your account, you will need to come to the Parking & Transportation office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help you avoid receiving a citation in the future.
NOTICE! 2019 Summer Parking Policies (Ends August 18th):
The Department of Parking & Transportation will start Summer Parking enforcement policies on Monday May 13th at 7:30 AM. DPT reminds faculty, staff, and students that during the summer months from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays:
- All vehicles brought on campus still require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- Any student-parking permit is valid to park in any student designated area. Residential East, Central, West and South, and Commuter Zones.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with current Park-N-Ride permits will be allowed to park in any student designated area and Open designated area but not Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits will be allowed to park in student residential designated areas.
- Reserved spaces including the Pavilion Garage are required to park in their reserved spaces with the following exceptions, South Lot, Jackson Avenue Center, Insight Park, and Facilities Management Lot.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center but there will be no bus service to campus. Commercial zones are still restricted to Malco Theater and bookstore customers only.
- Park-N-Ride bus services are suspended during the summer months.
- Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus loop shuttles will continue to operate but at half capacity, on a normal schedule except on the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays.
- The South Oxford Center Connector Shuttle will still operate on a normal schedule.
All other posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces and posted timed spaces.
These changes to zone restriction enforcement policies will be in effect between May 13th and August 19th during normal University hours of operation from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays. All other parking restrictions still apply.
Please contact the DPT office at 915-7235 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2019 Calendar Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation main office in Lester Hall (before August 5th) or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at DPT's main office. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.