Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Need a Replacement Parking Permit?
If your permit never arrived by mail, has been lost or damaged, or you have a completely new vehicle other than the one you initially registered your parking permit for, you must get a replacement parking permit.
Click this link <HERE> to print the replacement form. Once completely filled out, please email the form to email@example.com. We will prepare your replacement permit and have it ready for pick up when you arrive at our office. Replacement permits are subject to incurring a $5.00 replacement fee. The fee will automatically be charged to the student’s Bursar account.
Our office is located in the South Campus Recreation Center. Our lobby hours are 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM. For questions/concerns, please call (662) 915-7235.
O.U.T. Operations Effective Sept. 14th, 2020
Park-N-Ride and Other OUT Changes:
Due to low utilization, Gold route shuttle service to the South Lot/Park-N-Ride parking lot will be suspended starting September 14th until the start of the spring semester. Park-N-Ride permit holders who utilize the South Lot will need to park at alternate locations such as the Jackson Avenue Center Park-N-Ride areas or the South Campus Recreation Center Park-N-Ride areas. Please click <HERE> for a map showing the available Park-N-Ride options.
The dedicated Silver route shuttle service between the South Campus Recreation Center and Kennon Observatory will also be discontinued until the spring. Riders between these locations should use the Old Taylor Road Express route or the Green route buses.
Additional changes to OUT operations during this time involve a reduction in the number of buses operating on various routes. These routes include: the Old Taylor Road Express, Yellow, Hathorn Express, Bronze, and Green. Service reduction in some cases will reduce bus frequency, extending the time between available buses. Reduced city and campus traffic congestion during this time will help lessen the impact to service but riders should still be prepared for longer wait times and should plan accordingly.
Fall 2020 Bus Operations:
- Oxford University Transit (O.U.T.) has resumed operations with most standard routes operating on a normal schedule. Some reductions in bus allocations may occur.
- The Rebel Red campus circulator shuttle (counter-clockwise) will not operate this fall but the Rebel Blue campus circulator shuttle (clockwise) will operate with two buses in order to provide a more consistent service for the shuttle. Buses should operate on a 10 minute schedule. Riders that used the Rebel Red bus stop locations in the past will need to identify the closest Rebel Blue stop.
- The Gold Line bus service to the South Lot will suspend operations starting on Sept. 14th and until the spring 2021. Riders use to using the South Lot are recommended to switch to the South Campus Recreation Center.
- All Oxford University Transit (O.U.T) buses are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers and are routinely cleaned and disinfected. Buses are equipped with additional protections for riders and the drivers. Seating capacity is limited on all buses and all riders must be seated (no standing).
- Riders are required to wear a mask at all times while at a crowded bus shelter and while riding a bus. Riders should allow a minimum of six feet of clearance for arriving buses to disembark riders prior to approaching to board a bus.
- Please DO NOT ride Oxford University Transit (O.U.T.) buses if you are experiencing Covid-19 or other flu like symptoms.
- The Oxford University Transit (O.U.T.) website which should include routes and schedules is linked to the right.
Please contact the DPT office at 662-915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Other Information - University COVID-19 Response Website
We Have MOVED! NEW Office and Service Locations!
Parking and Transportation has moved from Lester Hall to new offices at the South Campus Recreational Center located at the old Whirlpool location (on the south side of Hwy 6/278 off Chucky Mullins Drive). <Click Here> for a Map showing where to go! The new physical address is 980 Whirlpool Drive Suite A.
Also, starting this fall DPT will operate a DPT Satellite Office in the Student Union in the Transportation Lobby to disseminate information. The Transportation Lobby is on the ground floor on the north side of the building facing the residence halls and is adjacent to the bus stop beside the Union.
DPT has also opened a satellite office in the Administrative Suite in the South Oxford Center for parking permits and information.
Got a New License Plate? Need to Update Your Records!
All permit holders are responsible for keeping their vehicle information up-to-date. Click on the LICENSE PLATE UPDATE button (upper right of the DPT home page) to update your license plate information for an existing vehicle. <Click Here> to view the step-by-step process. If you have a new vehicle and you need to remove an old one from your account, you will need to come to the Parking & Transportation office or email email@example.com. This will help you avoid receiving a citation in the future.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2020 Calendar Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation main office now located in in Suite A of the South Campus Recreation Center or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at DPT's main office. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.