You must register your vehicle and order your permit online. Permits for the 2023-2024 academic year will be available online beginning in July 2023. For information about the start of permit sales for the various permit types <CLICK HERE>. Starting with the 2023 permit year, parking permits for Commuters will be Virtual permits. No physical decal or hangtag will be issued. The registered vehicles license plate will serve as a link to the permit so the license plate must be kept up-to-date. Please note that Commuter permits will not be recognized on home football game weekends.
Commuter parking zones have been designated as Commuter Blue or Commuter Red. Commuter Blue parking zones comprise most of the traditional commuter parking zones that are closer to the core of campus and academic buildings. Parking lots that are further from the center of campus or at the satellite facilities such as the Jackson Avenue Center and the South Oxford Center, are designated as Commuter Red parking zones. In order to encourage better utilization of the available parking inventory, Commuter Blue will be priced higher with Commuter Red zones being a lower cost option. Several of the Commuter Red zones are also served by campus shuttle services which operate Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm during the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
A limited number of Commuter Blue parking permits will be available each year to help increase the likelihood of finding a space in the Commuter Blue designated areas. These permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. When Commuter Blue permits are sold out, you will still have the option to purchase a Commuter Red permit.
There are two types of permits available to commuting students:
- Commuter Blue (close to center of campus)
- $250 - for students living off campus.
- Allows parking in Commuter Blue and Commuter Red designated zoned parking lots.
- Commuter Red (further from the center of campus)
- $100 - for students living off campus.
- Allows only parking in Commuter Red designated parking lots.
- Pavilion Garage (Reserve Parking Space/Stall in the Pavilion Garage)
- $550 - for Faculty/Staff and students living off campus.
- Allows parking in specific parking stall in the Pavilion Garage Monday thru Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm, as well as all Commuter Red designated parking lots.
- Some event restrictions may apply - see the Pavilion Garage page for additional information.